A Business Angel Club For
We identify high-potential early-stage startups in the fields of digital health, medtech and diagnostics (Healthtech) and allow our members to invest in them – even with small amounts of money.
We encourage best-of-breed approaches to bring the startup quicker to success.
Why you should join us
Healthtech, and only Healthtech
If you’re a pro in this topic or have an interest in it, we’re the right partner for you: We find and present the coolest Healthtech startups in the D-A-CH region.
We make sure that the company works with professional, specialized service providers to accelerate their development and increase their chances of success.
Diversification with a limited budget
The minimum investment in a startup is CHF >5’000, so you can make regular investments and build a diversified startup portfolio. We work with an organization that provides investment pooling services.
We work with partners that automate and digitize as many processes as possible. That means more time for looking into new cases and less time for doing administrative tasks related to your investments.
How does it work?
- We identify interesting cases. Our jury screens them and chooses the ones to present to you. You decide whether you want to invest.
- In addition to the deal flow, we’ll provide networking and learning opportunities as well as insights into the industry and its developments.
- We work with syndication – a mechanism that bundles small investments into a larger one. Syndication provides many benefits (see FAQ).
- Should you decide to invest in a startup, it’s entirely up to you how active you are: Stay totally anonymous (with the help of our syndication partner) or take an active role in the development of the company.
Digital Health, Medical technology, Diagnostics
Pre-seed to Series A
Product development, Quality management, Regulatory affairs and Commercial services …
Ticket size per investor:
> CHF 5´000
Investment target per startup:
> CHF 50´000
The legal stuff
- KAPSLY Angels is a non-profit association with the purpose of helping Healthtech investors identify interesting startup projects – and help relevant startups to find funding. Any investment decision is entirely between the investor and the startup.
- Membership cost is CHF 100 per year. Since this only covers administrative fees, some events we organize might come with additional cost – however, we’ll try to negotiate the best deal possible for our members.
- KAPSLY Angels is an association founded on February 28th in Zürich, Switzerland. The founding board members are Vincent Irrling, Maximilian Diem, and Jan Fülscher.
Dr. Daniel Heller
Dr. Daniel Heller is Partner at Farner Consulting, where he heads the Head Startup Desk; as Chairman of the Board he presides over, among others, the Kantonsspital Baden, which stands out with its Health Innovation Hub and its perfomance as an economically successful public hospital.
Dr. Ole Wiesinger
Dr. Ole Wiesinger is Chairman of the Board of Tertianum and Board Member of multiple healthcare providers and startups. He is a trained medical doctor and has been long-time CEO of the largest Swiss private clinic group Hirslanden.
Daniel Shoukier is a medical doctor and engineer by training and brings many years of experience in the development of medical devices. He possesses extensive experience as lead auditor and medical expert for MDR and FDA regulations and acts as medical advisor for startups.
Armin Haas is a successful entrepreneur and distinguished expert for digital health. He helped many startups to successfully build and launch their solutions in the German-speaking market.
Sebastian Reinecke held various senior executive positions in banking and manufacturing. He is a strategy, finance and operations expert with an MBA from the University of St. Gallen.
Provides the legal framework for our investment club and acts as legal counsel for KAPSLY Ventures.
Established Business Angels Switzerland and SICTIC as the leading business angel clubs in Switzerland. He helps Business Angels and Founders to understand the fundraising landscape.
Provides the service partner network that supports healthtech founders operationally.
Provides endorsement and cooperates with the founding team through the Chair of Entrepreneurship.
Provides endorsement and cooperates with the board members through the Department of Management and Entrepreneurship
Be part of it
- If you want to invest in Healthtech startups and be presented interesting startups – get in touch.
- If you’re a Healthtech pro or have a deep interest in the industry, and want to support our association, get in touch.
We’re just starting and building the association’s infrastructure. We need jury members, supporters, startup coaches, and, of course, investors.
Frequently Asked Questions
A syndicate is a group of investors who have a common interest and act as one partnership to invest in a e.g. startup.
Hence, a syndicate acts as one investor.
The money goes directly to the startup that you selected to invest in. A more detailed allocation of the money will be provided by the startups, respectively.
We are looking for experienced entrepreneurs and business angels who can provide additional value to our startups, especially in the healthtech sector. In general the syndicate is open to anyone who wants to invest in healthtech startups. Simply join our investment newsletter and receive selected deals to your inbox for free.
The yearly membership fee to join the KAPSLY Angels Community is CHF 100.-.
With the syndicate you get access to our venture studio community and receive a deal flow without scouting for startups yourself. The non-profit association KAPSLY Angels takes care of negotiating term deals and performing due diligence, and setting up the contracts. Additionally, the capital efficiency is higher due to our service partners that have supported startups many times.
The minimum investment amount per deal is CHF 5’000 and the deal only gets completed if over CHF 50´000 are invested.
Yes, your name will not be shared with other investors or the startup automatically.
Your name will not appear on the cap table of the startup either. However, we encourage our investors to get in touch with the founders.
Yes, it is possible to transfer your stake to another investor in a secondary transaction. The deal manager must be informed and needs to approve the transaction.
For every deal a new simple partnership is formed through a legal contract amongst the syndicate investors.
For more information please contact KAPSLY Angels.
After clicking on “join us” and having completed the form, you receive deals straight to your inbox.
You make your own investment decisions on a deal by deal basis, usually within two weeks after receiving the investment memo.
You can find additional details regarding platform and usage in the application form.